- Very pleasant place to discover Southern England from! P Family, France
- Thank you, VERY comfortable again – just good attention to detail. Delightful as always. Mr & Mrs J, Bedfordshire
- Lovely location, had a great week. Didn’t do half of what we could have done – one week’s not enough. P Family, Crewe.
- We have stayed in may English cottages, this is absolutely the best. We enjoyed the excellent facilities and surroundings. Thank you. F&S, Denmark
- An absolutely wonderful romantic setting, a valentine to remember Thank you so much – wanted to stay longer!! S & S
- Beautiful place, Rye, Camber Sands, Lewes, Battle, Seven Sisters all lovely places to visit – so peaceful here after a day out! P Family, Hampshire.
- Very enjoyable experience: exceeded our expectations (cosy, clean, quiet). Welcoming people in the area & the website describes this place very accurately. We would definitely come back! M Family, London
- We really enjoyed our stay in this most beautiful cottage in the most tranquil setting. Thank you very much. Mr & Mrs N, London.
- Fabulous time – excellent facilities. Glorious surroundings, ideal for our 65th Birthday celebrations with friends. M Family, Kent.
- A peaceful bolthole after a family wedding at Herstmonceux castle. M Family & A Family, London & Oxfordshire
- A wonderful cottage. Everything we hoped for and more. A real Christmas to remember! Enjoyed the home-from-home, country walks, local pubs and especially the draghounds meeting on our doorstep! H Family, Borneo
- Rest, relaxation, beautiful views and a wonderful cottage, the perfect combination for a girly catch-up! C, C, T, L, S& C, London Haywards Heath & Salisbury.
|- Charming and delightful, a truly special place, we have both had a lovely time. It is so peaceful and restful – A real haven from a busy world. Thank you very much. PS Excellent parking & splendid views. Mr & Mrs B, Kent
- Wanted to move in – felt like a local already! Mr & Mrs C, Kidderminster.
- Another superb week at Cowbeech. Wonderful bast to explore a superb part of Britain. We will be back again next year. D Family, Middlesex.
- Best New Years break ever, home from home!!! Loved the Byre – want one please on next years Christmas list. Will be back again soon, Thank you. H Family, Kent.
- Wonderful relaxing break with beautiful weather and fantastic local food. D Family, Surrey.
- Peaceful & beautiful setting. Ideally suited to our requirements. Well appointed cottage with comfortable beds, we loved the welcome hamper & evening meals at the Merrie Harriers were superb.
G & C Families, Devon & Dorset.
- Spoilt for choice of places to visit. National Trust houses in abundance, Coast magnificent & very comfortable accommodation. Recommend the Merrie Harriers. Mr & Mrs V, Somerset.
-Excellent conversion, luxurious comfortable, peaceful. Sunny visits to Sheffield Park & Great Dixter. Wish we were staying for the week! A, P, J & S, Kent & Herefordshire
- What a fantastic place, beautiful cottage. Very well-equipped and cosy. There is sooo much to do for adults and children. We all loved everything about it. K Family, Weybridge, Surrey.
-Brilliant cottage and location, the silence is stunning. S Family, Essex
-Definitely the best self catering accommodation we have ever stayed in. Gorgeous cottage in beautiful setting. We will be back again! Thanks so much. LH, Three Bridges, W Sussex
-What a fantastic retreat we have had! The peace and quiet is wonderful, yet the locality to larger towns means that we have enjoyed the best of both worlds…A Glorious property in a beautiful unspoilt area of Sussex, Thank you, G Family, Essex.
|The Oast House
- Thank you – this is a very special place, sensitively converted and beautifully equipped property. We had a lovely relaxed break and thank you for the welcome basket. R Family, Reigate.
- Beautiful conversion, excellently furnished and maintained. We spent a very relaxing Christmas with the family. Mr & Mrs M, London.
- Second visit – as peaceful and welcoming as we remembered. The Snow Drop trail at Hever Castle was really lovely. P Family, Isle of Wight.
- Had a great time with a new experience staying at the Oast House – cosy, warm, especially the round bedroom! Loved the natural surroundings too! P Family, London.
- Our second stay in the Oast House within a year, and was as lovely as the first! Went to the opera at Glyndebourne, were overwhelmed by The Pavillion at Brighton and loved the gardens at Nymans. Marvellous place to be. V Family, Netherlands.
- An absolutely fantastic stay. Kids loved the wide open spaces. Really comfortable cottage and the kids really loved it. Would come again, the Oast is so charming, Thank you. L Family, Essex.- Another brilliant week whilst visiting Glyndebourne. Oast House still spectacular after 4 visits. Thanks so much for all your hard work. M & V
- A wonderful location with everything to promote an atmosphere of total relaxation with good local food. The Oast was the host with the most. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. C&T and A&B
- A peaceful and tranquil oasis, the perfect setting for a wonderful celebratory few days. We would recommend unreservedly to friends and family. A & R
- The Oast House + Glyndebourne = The perfect coalition. K Family, Edinburgh
- We looked for a lovely cottage in a lovely setting and we are happy to have found it!! T & R
- A super sympathetic conversion, full marks to all concerned. Impossible not to be very comfortable. Mr & Mrs A
|The Bull Pen & Cart Lodge
- Comfortable, peaceful, holiday retreat. Lovely county – lots of walking and sightseeing. Nice to revisit after many years – will be back! Mr & Mrs D, Somerset.
- Wonderful property, lovely and peaceful, and a beautiful part of the world. Thank you for the advice on places to visit – we had a great time. Thank you. Mr & Mrs B, London.
- Came for a ‘get away’ weekend from our normal frenetic lives and this place has worked it’s magic – it’s utterly lovely! We visited Sheffield Park, Michelham Priory and Charleston and highly recommend all of them. Mr & Mrs W, Kent.
- Beautifully appointed house in a quiet and picturesque setting; also close to all amenities including Glyndebourne. See you again. Mr & Mrs B, Australia.
- Quality cottages in a beautiful setting provided us with the most relaxing holiday we have taken. We would recommend Beechcroft to anyone. C & A, Cannock
- A haven of peace and tranquility, will return, hopefully soon. B & L
- Wonderful week, peace & quiet, lovely surroundings. W & W
- Beautiful cottage, thoroughly enjoyed our Valentines weekend. Mr & Mrs M
-A truly inspiring but restful place, designed, built & maintained
to a truly high standard - M&V W, Oxon
|As a whole or in combinations
|An amazing weekend. Wonderful location. – SH,
Great setting - perfect for the wedding. SW
The cottages are very special. Beautiful location. Fantastic supper
at local pub. – RR, Gloucestershire
Wonderful weekend here – perfect for 14. Local pub was brilliant.
– H, West Sussex
Great, comfortable, cosy place on a snowy weekend for 19. London,
Brussels & Newquay
A great place to relax and very tastefully converted. 14 in our party
and none of us could find anything to complain about. Nuff said? –
J&H C, Camberley
Could not of enjoyed it more, the comfort, warmth, walks & kitchen
to cook our Christmas lunch - plus seating 14 - M Family, Horstead
Wonderful base for our family for our Son's wedding - D&P, Berkhampstead
A wonderful week of painting for all of us - G Art Group, Kent
We were blown away by the superbly appointed cottages and stupendous
setting - very relaxing a million miles away from our hectic day-to-day
lives - R Family, Milton Keynes
|What the Sunday Times said...
|‘Talk about picturesque. This gaggle of beguilingly restored byres and bull pens, in the village of Cowbeech, is a dead ringer for Tolkien’s Shire. There are four cottages in all, beamy as anything, and strewn beside a reedy lake. The Oast House, dating to 1683, is a pick, with its master bedroom in the original roundel. It sleeps five, but Beechcroft can host 17 hobbits in all. Sleep 2, 4, 5 and 6.’
The Sunday Times
|Some quotes from Barry Reynolds of the Hampstead & Highgate Gazette...
his Travel article on Beechcroft ... ‘not
far south of London in an unspoilt part of England where you will
find a cottage you will never want to leave’... ‘a very
good line of silence too, as well as some more breathable air'...‘the
fact that the county is without a motorway certainly adds to the
effect’...‘here is that unique countryside all together
– hills, downs and ragged coast line – that the guide
books are full of yet seem increasingly difficult to find’...'Cowbeech
is a sleepy little place that seems to have had a 21st century by-pass
– luckily’... ‘there has been no skimping on the
interiors – everything is solid, nothing veneer or done on
the cheap’... ‘and you can enjoy all of it in some luxury
at reasonable prices’
from 'The Canny Traveller' of Good Housekeeping )...
to arrange a weekend for an extended family break of 16, but I'm
anxious about how we'll all get on living under the same roof. Any
- 'Beechcroft, a collection of traditional farmhouse cottages in
rural East Sussex is a favourite of Good Housekeeping's Editor-in-Chief,
Lindsay Nicholson. - 'Consisting of four self-contained units it
has a vaulted dining room with table that can seat up to 17', 'Guests
need to bring nothing except personal luggage - there are toiletries
and towels in the bathrooms and a complimentary food hamper in the
kitchen'...'you can arrive any day of the week'.